We keep your information secure on our encrypted patient management system and make sure only authorised people can access it. You don’t have to provide us with the information we request. However, if you choose not to, we may not be able to treat or care for you properly or proceed with making your appointment in the first place.
You have the right to access your clinical record (or the clinical record of someone you are the guardian or agent for) but this is done through a request process so we can make sure we release the right information to the right person. The process is explained below.
What personal information do we ask for?
When receiving treatment from Perform Podiatry, we will collect information about you and your health including:
Why do we need this information?
- personal information such as your age, address, contact person and ethnicity
- your health history
- your family’s health history
- your interactions with us
- billing or purchase information
Who do we share patient information with?
- create your patient file on our database so we can keep a record of accurate medical notes
- To provide you with appropriate care
- To keep you and others safe
- To plan for and fund health services
- For administrative and quality improvement purposes
If you are unhappy about us sharing your information, please let our staff know as soon as possible.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information or to have it corrected, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, 09 523 2333, or 122 Remuera Road, Remuera. Please include a copy of your driver’s licence or passport to confirm your identity.
- ACC in order to create ACC claims
- Health professionals involved in your care where we make referrals, or a request is sent where information is needed to help guide part of their care of you.
Note: “serious harm” privacy breaches will be reported to the Privacy Commissioner via “NotifyUs” online here.